Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 Cat 302.5 Excavator pattern selector

Mikeusnavy2001 · 2025-12-06 16:58

Can anyone tell me where the pattern changer is for a 2001 Cat 302.5 Excavator? It is set to JohnDeere controls and I would like to switch it back.

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2025-12-06 17:20

    Post a machie Serial Number please. Be aware the pattern chager is an attachment (optional extra) and may not be fitted to your machine.

  2. #2Mikeusnavy20012025-12-06 17:28

    4AZO1454

  3. #3Mikeusnavy20012025-12-06 17:29

    I don’t think it has the option. Do you have a schematic of how to change the hoses?

  4. #4Mikeusnavy20012025-12-06 17:58

    The vin is 4AZO1454

  5. #5Cmark2025-12-06 18:19

    If there is one, it will be here: Accessed through the floor, i believe.

  6. #6Mikeusnavy20012025-12-06 18:28

    Thanks but unfortunately it’s not there.

  7. #7Nige2025-12-06 19:10

    Do the pilot hydraulic lines on your machine have coloured rings on each hose at the ends, either at the end underneath the joysticks or at the control valve end, or preferably both.?

  8. #8nikthewho2025-12-07 00:27

    Maybe this can help: HeavyEquipmentForums

  9. #9Nige2025-12-08 12:53

    The attached may help somewhat. The two marked hoses will be pilot oil supply and return, the other four on each joystick will be a pair for each function that the joystick operates. Take a look under each pilot valve and you will in all probability find that the ports are marked. I may be able to tie up those markings to the functions they serve. They could be nothing more complicated than "1", "2", "3", & "4". In short it's a case of swapping hoses at the pilot valves because on the main control valve I think that the differeing lengths of the hoses are going to work against you.

  10. #10Mikeusnavy20012025-12-09 10:14

    Thank you. I will reply back with what I found.

  11. #11Mikeusnavy20012025-12-17 16:46

    No colored rings.

  12. #12Nige2025-12-17 17:01

    That's a shame. I have a drawing that shows which hoses to swap to convert any control pattern to any other based on the colours marked on the hoses. Unfortunately you will have to figure it out from first principles based on the information supplied above.

  13. #13Mikeusnavy20012025-12-25 08:30

    We ended up moving the hoses around and now it’s back to Cat controls. Thanks for the tips everyone.

  14. #14KenMac2025-12-25 12:22

    This makes one really appreciate the switch over valve!

  15. #15Shinnlinger2026-09-13 08:14

    Any pictures or schematic of what you did. I have the same machine but want the Deere controls. Was it a PITA or relatively easy?