Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 Takeuchi TB016

Tommy Montes · 2025-12-08 00:59

Can you offer a recommendation for new tracks for my 2004 Takeuchi TB016 and a location in SoCal to purchase? Thank you

Replies11
  1. #1Tommy Montes2025-12-08 14:54

    There are so many different brands available I'm not sure which ones are going to give me the best performance and reliability. Let me know if you have had good success with any specify brand of track. Thank you.

  2. #2KenMac2025-12-08 16:35

    I bought KTSU tracks for my TB260 from Tractor & Equipment in Birmingham, Alabama and am extremely satisfied with them, I'm sure they'd ship them to you.

  3. #3Tommy Montes2025-12-08 22:59

    Ok thanks Ken. Let me looks them up.

  4. #4PeterG2025-12-10 12:58

    I bought tracks from Summit Supply for my TB016, which where an ok track in quality and price for an older small machine. They had a location here in my area. I looked them up today and they have two TB016 track models for you and have a location at. Parts ASAP​ 800 N 10th St H Sacramento, CA 95811​ Image below is of my machine

  5. #5ronbourd2025-12-10 13:19

    On my TB 016, 2003, I replaced with Brigstone oem.

  6. #6Tommy Montes2025-12-10 13:22

    Excellent. Thank you for the recommendation

  7. #7Tommy Montes2025-12-10 13:22

    I haven't seen Bridgestone pop up in my searches. I will take another look. Thank you.

  8. #8PeterG2025-12-10 15:03

    $580 ea with free shipping! Not bad. Do you need to do both? I replace one of mine when the inner cord started to stick out. A couple of years later I replaced my other one. Machine has close to 4000 hours on it now.

  9. #9Tommy Montes2025-12-11 10:08

    Yes I wanted to replace both because they are over 20 years old and I'm having trouble with them popping off.

  10. #10PeterG2025-12-11 13:49

    Is that bad track tension, or are the sprockets or track delaminating? Sounds like you need to open the middle door and pump way more grease in them.

  11. #11Tommy Montes2025-12-16 20:19

    Yes, I'm trying to figure it out. I've got the tracks pretty tight. If the new tracks don't stick I will probably replace the idle sprockets.