Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 Cat 312BL weight vs 312B

Beegs ยท 2019-10-17 18:29

I'm looking at buying a nice 312BL I was curious to see what the difference in weight is VS the 312B. As far as I can find online it shows the L being 600 LBS heavier. When looking at the machines it sure as heck looks like it would be quite a bit heavier. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2019-10-17 19:11

    Yup, 600#

  2. #2Beegs2019-10-17 19:35

    Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Still cant believe it's only a 600 pound difference.

  3. #3heymccall2019-10-17 21:10

    If you google "312B specalog", you can find the same thing. Cat calls their sales glossies specalogs.

  4. #4John C.2019-10-18 21:21

    The L models have an extra roller and a couple of extra links and pads in each track chain. That's the only difference that I know of.