Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 420D front bucket quick connect problem

Jimee1 ยท 2017-01-24 08:16

When I hit the toggle switch on the dash the hoses jump but the pins don't move. Had the same problem last year. Changed solenoid and it was fixed. Could it be bad again so soon? Electrician say we have power to switch and to solenoid.

Replies4
  1. #1PDG X2017-01-24 09:41

    On the D-Series you also have to rotate the manual valve out on the coupler after disconnecting the work tool hydraulic lines before activating the switch on the dash.

  2. #2PDG X2017-01-24 09:56

    For the coupler pins to operate the valve handle needs to be horizontal. Then switch the valve handle vertical to operate a hydraulic bucket or tool.

  3. #3Jimee12017-01-24 09:57

    Well, this is embarrassing. My first post and it was a clunker. There is an orange switch on the dash next to the pin toggle switch. Turn it on and the pins work. Oh boy. Thanks anyway.

  4. #4Jimee12017-02-05 14:40

    Not working again. I have hydraulic pressure before the valve but not after. I replaced the coil because I thought I had power to it, but now I'm not sure if I have enough? I took the valve apart and it seems fine. I removed the valve with the coil but kept it connected. When I hit the switch the valve/coil did not move. Could it be electric? I have 6 volts at the switch do I need 12?