Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 international 4700 with 444E glow plugs going on with key out of ignition

mattyt1984 ยท 2020-04-13 20:52

What would cause this my battery was dead as I put a new one in I noticed a draw when connecting the ground wire. I could hear the glow plugs solenoid going on. I have a new ignition and I tried a new really it still intermittently goes on. What tells the glow plugs to go on and off?

Replies4
  1. #1IronworkerFXR2020-04-14 21:34

    Humm how much water has leaked onto the wire harness and fuse box area ? I have been chasing a lot of poor grounds and connections myself . I been disconnecting the battery when not in use , just don't trust it right now .

  2. #2mattyt19842020-04-14 21:55

    No water leaks all is dry

  3. #3mattyt19842020-04-14 21:57

    I am thinking glow plugs are ECM controlled. I may disconnect the ECM wire that feeds solenoid and run with a push button in cab. Any issues with doing that?

  4. #4RenoHuskerDu2020-04-18 21:08

    BTDT. Works great. Furd controls the GPR via PCM in pickups with the 444. Same HEUI afaik.