Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 JCB-214 Transmission light and buzzer when accelerating

JCB-214-2002 ยท 2021-03-05 00:09

I've read a few threads on this topic in the forums but my symptoms dont seem to be the same. A few never posted the final outcome. Backhoe transmission has been working fine for the last 400 hours. Since I purchased it. Now when I accelerate (Primarily in 3 and 4th gear on a grade) the transmission lights illuminate and I get a buzzer. If i let off the accelerator, both stop. If I downshift to 2nd gear it stops. It appears to happen mainly when I am in 3-4 gear and start off with heavy engine load. It also happens when going up an incline where I need to press the accelerator harder. Again, laying off the accelerator and it will stop buzzing, lights go out. When the light and buzzer are on, if I press the accelerator harder, the machine does speed up even though it is buzzing at me. I changed the trans oil and filter today. I did not see a strainer when I pulled the oval plate on the bottom to drain the oil. Still same symptoms Anyone have a like experience or know where I can check next? 2002 JCB 214-4T Ser: 903000 series Taking it to a dealership is too expensive for me right now. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1hookedondiesel2021-03-05 08:15

    There should be two lights for the trans. One is for " oil pressure" ( it has two arrows pointing to the trans". The other is for " oil Temp", which one is it or do they both come on?

  2. #2JCB-214-20022021-03-05 18:06

    It cleared up today, no warning light or buzzer. Must have been something with the trans oil or filter. I'll let you know if it returns. Thanks for the response.