Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002john deer 310 sg backhoe

Wch1011 · 2025-11-07 16:27

The machine started fine but the shut off and won’t start . I think it’s either putting pressure or a vacuum on the fuel tank . I haven’t determined which one yet . Any help would be appreciated 2002 310 sg John deer backhoe SN. to310sg896320

Replies13
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-11-07 16:34

    Machine serial # ?

  2. #2Wch10112025-11-07 16:37

    to310sg896320

  3. #3mg23612025-11-08 06:33

    If you loosen the fuel cap, will it start? Check your F7 15 amp fuse?

  4. #4Wch10112025-11-09 07:26

    I did loosen the fuel cap After I crank it it puts out white smoke

  5. #5mg23612025-11-09 07:36

    Still check that fuse. Is there a good supply of fuel to the injection pump?

  6. #6Wch10112025-11-09 13:20

    I checked the voltage at the shutoff solenoid and only got .26 Does it need 12 volts to operate ?

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-11-09 14:17

    As mg2361 says above check F7 15 amp fuse. With key on , F7 15 Amp fuse powers the Fuel Shutoff, Starting Aid, and Backup Alarm Fuse

  8. #8Wch10112025-11-09 14:48

    I did check the fuse ,, it was fine

  9. #9mg23612025-11-10 04:40

    Did you just look at the fuse, or did you check for voltage at both sides of the fuse?

  10. #10Wch10112025-11-10 05:55

    I checked the voltage at the shutoff solenoid . The meter showed .26 So I don’t think that’s enough power to we work properly

  11. #11Wch10112025-11-10 08:38

    I checked the voltage at the fuse It’s got 12 volts showing on my meter

  12. #12mg23612025-11-10 11:48

    Then there is a break in the wiring between the fuse and the fuel shutoff solenoid.

  13. #13Wch10112025-11-10 11:54

    Thanks mg2361 I appreciate your help