Hi people I have a 2003 jcb214s got no revers in first or second or no forward first or second third and fourth I have thanks
Ok. I have questions. Is this a 6 speed or a 4 speed? Did this just happen out of the blue or has it been doing this on and off for some time? Have you checked fluid level, fuses, switches, wiring, or solenoids? There are many really bright people on here that would love to help, but you need to elaborate a bit better to get us going in the right direction. Also if you could include a serial number from your machine. There are a bunch of minor differences from one to another.
Being tripping the 7.5 amp fuse put a new one in work for awhile now nothing don’t even blows that no more serial # slp214fc3y0903414 just lost the altonator so now got to get that rebuilt first
Sorry it’s a 4 speed
Ok so we at least have an electricial problem of some kind. Do you have the shop manual for this machine? If not here is a site to get it. https://s.siteapi.org/d5acc70fec8942c/docs/38dbc9fff4c21eec3caae75d17cd0bccdb70b0c2.pdf Having the manual is a must when trying to troubleshoot electrical on these machines.
Cool thanks hoping that it’s the alternator not enough volts going to the silonids I have to wait for the alternator to come back from the shop just picked up the machine so I no nothing about backhoes
Ok. Blowing fuses has me thinking it’s a bit more than a low voltage issue. But get that alternator taken care of and we can progress from there.
I’m thinking you have a problem in the circuit for your layshaft solenoid. That is the common denominator in your issue of having no 1st and 2nd in either direction. See solenoid “Z”.
Jesus I got a lot to learn about them are they hard to change out
No not really difficult. If a man can do it, so can you.
Ok put a new altonator on 14.5 volts put her in first gear movers right away tried to put her in reverse nothing same thing no first or second third and fourth I have stumped
Ok. So tell me what gears you do have so I can help figure out what to check.
I have third and fourth in foward and reverse 1and 2 I can feel small movement in the cab
Ok she was shut down for about 3hrs went and started her up put her in first gear moved her back behind the house no problem tried her in reverse nothing forward or reverse
Here is some info on the relays under the dash on the right of the steering wheel. I want you to swap out the FF2 relay with the FG relay and try that.
Done that seems to be in the selector cause when I put her in between 1and 2 she moves
Here is the pin out for the gearshift selector.
Thanks it’s like when it happens I have to press the trans dump button and she works ?
Did you order a new shifter? I’m sure when you push in the dump switch you are helping make contact down in the selection portion of the switch. Apparently the dump switch contacts are not working either or else nothing would happen when it is pressed.