Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 case super M series 2 transmission issue

GRADYK · 2024-06-08 12:09

Using my case today and lost ability to move correctly. Foward it will move but soon as i step on the throttle it stops moving. Reverse will not move I have changed the snap ring before on the transmission shifter Any help would be great

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2024-07-14 16:23

    Hey @GRADYK thought I would answer this here so others can be helped in the future. We should state that this is the Carraro shuttleshift model. If you have powered the FWD & REV coils directly on the transmission control valve (after replacing them) & FWD does not engage, the problem is either in the valve or further down the line in the clutch pack. Have you serviced the transmission since replacing the snap ring at the control valve? Are the electrics working to send power to the FWD/REV coils? This message says FWD will move & a PM says it will not engage?? - Please clarify You may need to test the pressures at the transmission.

  2. #2GRADYK2024-07-14 19:14

    Hello alrman thanks for getting back to me. It is a carraro TLB1 transmission. 5200 hrs on it. So today i manually powered up the coil so i could move my machine out of the way of other equipment. I could only use the reverse coil because it worked, the foward one would not move the plunger. I think one of the new ones is a dud. China part. Going to good ones this week. I have serviced my transmission when i changed the coils. i have checked a few things for power going to the plug for the solenoids.checked the switch on the column and there is power going in and coming back out to the 3 relays Foward reverse and neutral. It does seem like there is intermittent power going to coils. This is where i got stumped . I was thinking of getting a wiring diagram so i could look further i to this.

  3. #3GRADYK2024-07-30 17:10

    Update on 2004 case 580 superM transmission shifting issues I ended up taking my old solenoids to a shop to get checked and both are fine 5 ohms each and the gentleman said they were good. I out them back on my valve assembly and bench tested it and sure enough it worked fine. Installed it back onto the transmission and ran seperate power to them and the machine shifted and worked in forward and reverse. Next i checked the voltage coming from the plug and found the forward had 12 volts and the reverse inly had .8 volts coming to the plug, after some more testing i found bad power wire 1” away from the plug, changed the wire from the relay right to plug . Now i have forward and reverse working fine. Gona give it a good run this weekend, Thanks again for your help with this much appreciated