Shouting out to Midsouth Equipment (probably my closest JCB dealer) (Chattanooga TN) Decided to replace air filter. Called them, they didn't have it so got one on the way to me being sent from Miami, FL. It arrives and takes me about 2-weeks to get around to it.... Get my dirty clothes on, go get dirty doing some things and while at it, pull old air filter out. Start to put new inner filter in.....something is odd. Doesn't seem to reach the back (base) of the housing.... wha?? Turns out the inner was around 4 inches too short. Outer is slightly smaller diameter. $#()U&EFWFP"EWEFMQ!I@!_H4-=gvfahi Now I have to get the correct one, get it shipped postpone everything... Call them on Monday. Said it was a correct part number however seems some of these older machines, have a different filter. Nobody thought to ask me, I didn't think to ask/tell (why would I, I had the serial number) They profusely apologize.... by the way, I'm dealing with the Parts guy via his personal cell phone so I can get home after their hours and send him a picture of what's going on and if possible, part numbers. Couple days go by.... reach out to get update. They found the correct ones in Chicago.....they are on their way to me (not here as of this moment) and he's sending me a return sticker to put what I have back in the box and ship it back. Now I know to put the part numbers in my little spreadsheet so I can be more clear in the future. I like it when I feel like the dealer has my back.
No replies yet.