I have a 2004 John Deere 35C ZTS with an Isuzu 3LD2 engine. It seems that it is fuel starved. Have check the fuel filter and water separator. All are good. When disconnected the fuel lines it seems it is getting plenty of fuel through the lines. I have not be able to locate the pre-screen for the fuel on this machine and no one I have called seems to have any ideas Anyone out there have a clue thanks
Isuzu likes to install prescreens in banjo bolts that connect the fuel lines to the engine. Usually they will have the screen located inside the bolt that supplies a water separator, or the fuel line that supplies the lift pump. Additionally if the engine has an electric fuel pump that is about 2 inches in diameter and about 5 inches long sometimes the end cap of the lift pump can unscrew and there will be a screen in there.
I purchased at auction a 35d deere with the same motor. I had low horse power I think like your describing after changing the transfer pump, filters, screens and inspecting fuel tank I finally installed reman injectors fixed it completely. They are very easy to install however I paid about $500 each for them...............TIO
Deere tech, thank you, I sure hope that's the issue and not the injectors or the pump. Will try this today!
Deere tech, I sure hope we can find the banjo screens and they are plugged, have looked for presrceen with no you response gives hope for a cost effective fix. Theironoracle, sure hope we don't have to change out the injectors, but appreciate your advise even though I am hoping its not needed. Thanks and have a great Friday.
Had a C240 Isuzu that suffered low power and it turned out that the fuel shutoff was improperly adjusted and was affecting the fuel flow. Not sure what kind of shutoff your model has but this had an externally mounted solenoid. Found out after checking everything and changing the injectors. Had a Detroit that would lose power as it worked and it was the fuel shutoff migrating closed so I likened it to that.
I have seen one problem with those little 3 cyl izuzus where in an attempt to bleed the system at the pump with just one wrench the injection pump was moved (fitting under fuel line) and it ran low on power. It is hard to find a miss on those little guys as they only have 3 cyl and they don't run very smooth at an idle.
Did you ever find out what caused this problem? Mine has the same symptoms