Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic thumb

broper@2010 ยท 2015-02-25 23:08

I have a 2002 CAT 320cl I am wanting to put a main pin hydraulic thumb on it but it has no aux hydraulics hose ran. Does anyone know where I could buy a kit and how much does this cost on average?

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-02-26 00:57

    Your greedy local CAT dealer of course, or www.hkx.com I think.

  2. #2uffex2015-02-26 11:03

    Good day Broper Have you checked to see if you have an option valve installed Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3JoshA2015-02-26 11:27

    Lantraxco, do you have any experience with HKX? I've got an older Hitachi, EX200-2, that I got a thumb for before realizing it's plumbed for Hoe-pack, not thumb. So the valves/pumps only work to flow oil one direction. I'm wondering if that HKX would have something that would work for me.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-02-26 13:40

    Not directly no, but they have been around for awhile and I have heard good things about them here and there. I would think they could fix you up.

  5. #5dozer122162015-02-26 14:34

    There are at least two suppliers of valving, hoses, ect beside the dealer. HKX is one. A company in Indianaplis(sic) IN build mine. Total investment was less than 8K dollars. Once got the cylinder placement correct and hoses/piping routed, it works fine.