Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere 27 zts good deal needs engine rebuild??

ragerider ยท 2014-01-30 16:23

I'm in the market to buy a mini hoe and found a deere 27 zts 2000 model with 2200 hours full cab but uses oil smokes it has an Isuzu 3ld2 engine I'm guessing the rings were wiped out. There asking 10 k for it how does this sound I'm thinking of offering 8k and if they take it pull the engine and rebuild it myself and ideas or opinions??

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2014-01-31 05:42

    Good day rage rider To rebuild a small modern diesle engine with the perception of new piston rings solving a oil burn issue may well fall on stony ground. Often small engines are built to a price, the idea to rebuild the engine normally will exceed the cost of new. If you consider that the issue can be worn valve stems - turbo when fitted are some of the known cause for blue smoke and oil consumption. Estimate complete engine replacement in your offer. If you need a inspection protocol these can be downloaded free at excatech.com. Kind regards Uffex