Hello all, new member here but not new to the site,have gotten some good info here before. We just recently traded our Hitachi 120 for a Volvo 160,wanted to go bigger,we also wanted a hydraulic thumb[which this machine has]. What do you guys think of these machines? Has 3600HRS,seems tight,dry,clean. Having never owned a Volvo is there anything I should be looking for or doing different as far as maintenence than our old machine or any other?
Welcome to the foum... Volvos are nice n tight machines even though spare parts are kinda expensive. Just be carefull with some filters as some use drain line filters and not changing or inspecting them can lead to hard trouble (believe me, I´ve seen it). Besides that they run really nice. We own a couple of EC460´s (one is almost 15,000 hours, the other one is around 18,000 hours) and 5 EC210´s. Juan
If they are maintained properly it shouldn't be any problems with it. The trackchains can be seized sometimes.
I loved the 160 Volvo I ran! Accurate and powerful little machine. I really like all the little things Volvo does like heated seat with great support, well designed defrost vents, black boom, great light packages, good window wiper design... the list goes on and on.
Thanks for all the replies guys! I haven't even dug a hole with it yet,too cold and hard here but I cant wait to try it out.