I recently purchased a 2005 JCB 214 backhoe / loader. Since the lights weren't working, I started looking at the wiring. I found a loose connector in the side dash, and plugged it in. Now there's a warning light on (looks like a gear with a drop of oil in the middle). I think this is the low transmission oil warning light. I changed the transmission fluid, and the warning light is still on. The backhoe drives forward/reverse as is should (as best as I can tell.) The transmission is a 4 speed, and there's a lever on the steering column to change it between F, N, R. Any thoughts on why the warning light is on, and what I should check next to fix it? Does anyone know where the sensor is that reads the transmission pressure level?
The sensor will be on top of the gearbox near the transmission solenoid block facing straight up with two wires on it and a plug ,pull the plug and with ign on see what happens and then bridge the switch you should get the light go to go out if that all works as should you may have a faulty switch or possible low trans pressure you will normally only get this at tickover or low revs when you rev the engine the light normally goes out.
Thanks. I'll try that.