Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does this red tag mean??

Plongson ยท 2016-07-31 10:11

See the attached pictures. I see MANY machines that have the same red ID sticker...including mine. I'm at a loss as to what it is for or what it means...Do you guys know??

Replies9
  1. #1Steve Frazier2016-07-31 10:42

    Most rental agencies have ID tags like that on their machines to keep records by.

  2. #2Deere500a2016-07-31 12:27

    Rental or CA air resources board (CARB) requires registration ID like that.

  3. #3Plongson2016-07-31 13:13

    Hmmm, Deere500a might have nailed it because all the units I saw with the red sticker were in California...

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2016-08-03 00:15

    That is a CARB registration sticker. Welkome to Kalifornia!

  5. #5seatwarmer2016-08-03 03:26

    Do you have register even latest up to spec machines also or is it just older machines ?

  6. #6Plongson2016-08-03 09:00

    I went to the CARB website and it looks like ANYTHING that has a piston in ANY application must be registered...Locomotives to tug boats and everything in between.

  7. #7gtermini2016-08-03 11:21

    Jokes on them, this would pull a can quicker than a Cat, and is lacking pistons Greyson

  8. #8seatwarmer2016-08-03 11:46

    Frak, remind me never to move out of Africa. All you regulations will kill me

  9. #9Steve Frazier2016-08-04 22:47

    Damn. What a joke