Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Nissan UD 2300 limp mode

redline808 ยท 2022-10-19 05:40

Hello I have a 2005 Nissan UD that is going into limp mode I have followed the manufacturers instructions to activate the check engine light flash sequence I have grounded the engine diagnostic wire then turn the key to the on position the check engine light will flash 8 times however there is no code 8 in the list from UD the codes start at 11 . can anybody help?

Replies5
  1. #1_Weldman_2022-10-19 08:33

    Your timing chain is worn out is what that code is for. P0008

  2. #2Delmer2022-10-19 11:47

    Is the first flash longer? that would make it a 10 and the remaining seven flashes would make it 17. Do you have a timing chain, or is that gear driven?

  3. #3redline8082022-10-19 14:33

    The check engine light flashes 8 times pauses for the allotted amount then flashes eight times again there's no single Flash or other flashes before or after that would indicate it's any other number. I took a video but I could not upload it. I don't know if it's a timing chain or gear driven I would assume chain? The engine is the J08E made by Hino. The truck runs perfectly fine then goes into limp mode I can drive it for a little bit it will go into limp key off started back up and drive for a little bit and it will go back into limp. The engine has 425,000 miles

  4. #4redline8082022-10-21 04:07

    From what I can tell, the JO8E has a gear driven timing system.

  5. #5redline8082022-10-21 04:08

    I believe is gear driven