Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 D4G Removing dozer blade pin

Egan ยท 2022-04-28 09:34

While replacing a track tension seal, I decided to repair the ram that angles the blade (in and out) on our 2006 D4G. I did not realized how much trouble that was going to be before I decided to do this. Ended up making a press out of a 20 ton bottle jack. Now I have the question, Which way do I Press out the pin? Do I push it up or down?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-04-28 13:30

    Is that the pin #1 in the illustration secured by like a half-moon clamp and a bolt.? There are 3 of them. The upper two go in from the top down, the 3rd one from the bottom up. Ideally any pin come out from the opposite way to that it went in. Before you push give the exposed part of the pin on the end where you're going to push a good clean with emery cloth or a similar abrasive. Corrosion is your enemy, a gas axe is your friend.

  2. #2epirbalex2022-04-28 19:35

    There is not much force with a 20 ton jack ,hammer and heat . Is it stuck in the ram or the eyelets ? If its badly stuck it will have to go downwards , if it does make a driver with a 3 foot handle on it , and the pin part of it a bit smaller than the pin you are driving . You will need somebody to hold the driver handle .

  3. #3LCA0782022-04-28 21:25

    does this help? HeavyEquipmentForums maybe a combination of your jack pushing and this pulling will get it done...

  4. #4nowing752022-04-29 12:13

    i agree 20 ton is not much. you can weld a nut on it and use a hollo ram to pull it out but sevrel time i have had to get the thermal lance out.