Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 jd 870d

jono.2 ยท 2013-11-02 18:06

Hey guys, Just picked up an 06 grader and had a few questions. being from the auction, it didn't come with a manual how do you put the lift cylinders into float? Also, none of the forward work lights seem to be working. This is for both high and low beam. Is there a fuse or relay that should be checked? thanks a ton!

Replies2
  1. #1Cat 140M AWD2013-11-02 19:04

    I'm pretty suer you just push both your lift leveres all the way forward til they lock in float position on your lights could be bad switch a fuse or a relay hope this helps ya out

  2. #2biggrader2013-11-04 20:01

    Yup, push the blade control levers forward past the detent and then they will be in float. As far as the lights go, it could be many things. Check fuses.... located behind the seat on the back wall. If they seem ok, it may be that the switch has been 'deactivated'. Most of the switches for the lights can be activated or deactivated through the " technician service mode" in the computer. I cant remember right off hand how to get into that mode.......but have the book to tell me, I will bring it home tomorrow. The Technician service mode is not normally available when scrolling through the 'menu' options. Let me know what you find out and I can help trouble shoot it. It can be frustrating. I spent the better part of day trying to hook up a beacon. I thought it would be easy because the wires are right there ready to hook up, but I couldnt get any power to the light. After tracing and probing wires forever, I found a section in the technicians manual that tells a person how to access the Service Technician Mode. Went into that mode a found out that the switch was deactivated. pushed a button to activate it and BINGO. I had a beacon that works!!!