Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Takeuchi lt 140 value?

showmestateride ยท 2014-03-14 22:10

Hey guys, Looking at a 2006 Takeuchi lt140 fully loaded. Has 2600 hours on it. Was used by a landscaping company . No snow removal . Owner put most of hours on it. One owner. Never seen salt. Tracks are 70%. Condition is good. Original undercarriage he says. Not perfect but not beat to hell. Going to look at it this weekend . Curious was u guys think the value of it is. Anything that I should look at very closely. Don't have much experience with Takeuchi. Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks __________________

Replies7
  1. #1Skidoojunky2014-03-14 22:13

    I'm not 100% up on Tak values but some buddies have them. If it is loaded and has cab/ac I would say $22,500-$25,000 on the high side if it is nice? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2JNB2014-03-14 22:36

    I think Skidoo is right in the ballpark with the prices. I was looking for one for a couple of months. I couldn't find one within 1,000 miles with an enclosed cab and a/c.

  3. #3Swannny2014-03-14 22:36

    similar on Ironplanet have sold for high teens. I have found quite a few owners neglect to change out final drive oil in a timely fashion. Sucks because it's simple to do, but can be very costly if it isn't done.

  4. #4showmestateride2014-03-14 22:55

    Im alittle concerned on the 2600 hrs . Alittle higher than what I was looking for . Should I be overly concerned with these hours. Wanting 20k not sure if its worth that. Thoughts ?

  5. #5JNB2014-03-14 23:34

    The best thing going for the machine is that it's Takeuchi. They're pretty tough. Routine maintenance is more important than hours (up to a point of course.) If it was an owner operated machine, instead of employee operated, the chances are that he took better care of it. A lot depends on how often you're going to use the machine too.

  6. #6showmestateride2014-03-18 17:27

    Went and looked at it . Its in ok shape. It was wet around the pump or housing to the pump. Wish I Took a picture of it. Not sure exactly what they call it but it was on the end opposite of the motor. Seemed like it was seeping from a gasket . Couldn't tell 100%. Should I be totally concerned. Looking for a pic so I can show . Also the orange buttom on the left side was broken. Not sure whats it for. Aux hydros was my guess. When u push it it lights up , but wont stay down , like I think its suppose to. Whats the button do? , he says he never has used it. Has some play in the pins for the bucket , which I think is normal for hours .Brand new tracks. Any input on these problems ? Looking for a picture of the motor so I can show where it was seeping.He says it never is low in the reserve tank. Any advice or info , Thanks

  7. #7Chief Jim2014-04-05 18:45

    You want a manual e mail me at [email protected] Green light is for one / two way flow. Orange is detent so you get continuous flow / stop with one push of aux button