I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Bobcat 873 it has 3400 hrs enclosed cab with heat and a/c. My question is what would be a good price for this machine what are things/problems to look out for any help or advice would be appreciated!
They had issues with the loader arms breaking/cracking out. I would really look over those loader arms, if it has new paint, I would not consider it.
ASC, AHC, or std controls? timing belt been replaced? :drinkup
Very temperamental machines. We just sold ours, loader arms were cracked, fuse panel was rotted out with some fuses and relays permanently corroded in there, timing belt went and we almost destroyed the motor. All this and it had 1,600 hours on it. It was a good machine but by the end every job we put it on it broke something whether it was a hose or a fuel line or a relay it turned into downtime. These machines don't hold up to the hours like big machines.
strange... just worked on one today with 1400 hrs on it. guessing it was late 90's by the SN replaced a fuel pickup hose in the tank for the 1st time. according to the customer they've had no problems since new :drinkup :drinkup
Unless the machine has been abused a 2001 is a "G" model with the beefed up arms should be fine and not cracked. I have a F series 873. bought it with 4100 hours for $7500 needing a little tlc. I thought it was deal of the year anyway since I sold my 743 for $6000. Mine will start down to -15F without being plugged in, glow plugs used. My arms were cracked and I vee'd them out and welded them up with 7018, that was 100 hours ago with no problems with cracks reoccurring. I've put 200 hours on it in the last year and a half and its been good. Its very stable and strong. Keep the timing belt changed and the deutz will keep purring. A guy in Iowa has 2 873G's one with 9000 and the other 15000 hours, no major problems yet.