Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 F650 dump with 5.9 Cummins no voltage to coolant sensor or water in fuel sensor

mattyt1984 ยท 2025-04-12 19:07

Check engine light is on and is throwing codes SPN110, SPN 1079 and SPN97. I tried new coolant sensor and water in fuel sensor and it didn't work. I have another truck just like this one and tested for voltage going to the fuel sensor and coolant sensor and found about 5 volts feeding both sensors. I tested the truck with the check engine light on and it doesnt have any voltage. Truck runs ok but I want to get the codes to clear. Any suggestions or common issues?

Replies10
  1. #1mattyt19842025-04-13 13:02

    I worked on it today and checked wires from ECM to sensor. In pic is the pin from ECM that feeds both the coolant sensor and water in fuel sensor with 5 volts. There is no power coming out of ECM. Does this mean ECM is bad? Could I possibly feed this pin with another 5 volt pin?

  2. #2mekanik2025-04-14 12:14

    can you post the engine serial number.

  3. #3mekanik2025-04-14 16:26

    How were you testing for power at the ECM pin?

  4. #4mattyt19842025-04-16 07:40

    I used volt meter with key on engine off. Below is only number I could get off engine

  5. #5mekanik2025-04-16 08:55

    The engine serial number should be on the top left of the sticker. I Without seeing the wiring diagram need the ESN for that. I believe the connector you removed to test for power has the battery power and key switch power so the ECM would not have any power.

  6. #6mattyt19842025-04-22 19:04

    46655816 is number on top left attached is pics of ECM

  7. #7mattyt19842025-04-26 21:38

    For some reason pic didn't attach emc number is cm850

  8. #8mekanik2025-04-30 09:20

    Go to Cummins Quickserve and create an account. Then you will have access to the service manuals and wiring diagrams. Cummins QuickServe Online Cummins QuickServe Online. The complete source of parts and service information for over 11 million Cummins diesel engines and Cummins Power Generation products. quickserve.cummins.com

  9. #9mattyt19842025-05-05 13:18

    For some reason i cannot pull it up as possibly its too old.

  10. #10mekanik2025-05-05 14:09

    I was able to view you engine after entering your ESN.