Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar C12 2KS08219 In Frame

Chris Tice · 2025-04-16 22:16

I’m having to do an in frame rebuild on caterpillar C12 engine with serial number 2KS08219. OEM or aftermarket kit? ATL diesel kits? What’s best?

Replies3
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-04-17 10:00

    I've used some ATL with no issues, I've found the IPD kits to be good quality at least for recent Cummins 855's I built. But if you do call in the order don't order online, less issues with order that way.

  2. #2Chris Tice2025-04-17 10:21

    I’ve heard IPD has one piece steel pistons that are really good. So you’d go with IPD overhaul kit over ATL if you were doing it again? Would you do the 1 piece steel piston from IPD?

  3. #3Truck Shop2025-04-17 14:38

    I think ATL is a IPD vendor--best to contact them to find out. It's either Interstate McBee or IPD, those are the main choices other than oem Cat.