Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Kobelco Sk250 LC – Throttle / Mechatro cont fail

Charlieky123 · 2021-06-17 12:21

We have a 2007 kobelco sk250 lc. Been getting a Mechatro cont fail CPU. We replaced the CPU, no change. Most controls work but we do not have throttle. We need to get this loaded on a truck very soon. When we try to throttle we hear the hydraulic pump working but not engaging. Also replaced the stepper motor... no change. Is there a way to bypass the solenoid valve or something else to get the hydraulics to engage so we can have throttle to move the machine?

Replies37
  1. #1Kobelco ireland2021-06-17 15:22

    What number is in top corner on screen next to the fault. Where did the new controller come from and when new controller was fitted was the fault displayed cpu fail or rom data failure. Rom data failure will appear on a new controller when key is first turned on till you calibrate the new controller to the machine by carrying out an A-adjustment

  2. #2Charlieky1232021-06-17 20:11

    There is a 1 in the top left corner. New controller is straight from China. how do you carry out an A adjustment

  3. #3Kobelco ireland2021-06-18 07:15

    Can you post a picture old the old and new controller. And give a bit more information what happened. Did it happen while working etc. I assume you checks the fuses etc. When cpu with number 1 appears on screen it means either cpu is damaged or no power is going to cpu.

  4. #4Charlieky1232021-06-18 08:32

    Yes, I'll send photos soon. We used to get a swing break solenoid error when we would swing the machine, replaced solenoid but still got the error. Still operated as it should. We moved the machine to store it, then fired it up one day and we were getting the mechatro error and no throttle. All the numbers on the old and new cpu matched up as I recall. But I will get more info soon. Unfortunately need to load this on a truck early next week.

  5. #5Charlieky1232021-06-18 12:55

    Old and new cpus

  6. #6Charlieky1232021-06-18 13:19

    Cpu not getting power could be an issue

  7. #7Charlieky1232021-06-18 21:42

    but we don’t

  8. #8Charlieky1232021-06-18 21:42

    Any suggestions what to do next?

  9. #9Charlieky1232021-06-20 11:37

    we are thinking about ordering another cpu, I’m not sure that’s the issue. I can’t find a schematic for the pin/wire assignments on the cpu, not sure which wire is the power input to test

  10. #10JD955SC2021-06-20 11:46

    I don’t know a single thing about Kobelcos so I’m just going to give you the standard advice and golden rule of electronics troubleshooting: it’s rarely the computer and it’s almost always power supply or wiring. Get somebody in there that knows how to use a schematic and a multimeter or you’re gonna have to learn it yourself.

  11. #11Charlieky1232021-06-20 11:53

    thanks for the tip. I can on both but do not have a schematic

  12. #12Kobelco ireland2021-06-20 17:48

    Lachau on here is your man for the wiring schematic if you pm him he should respond. In the past I tried the cheap Chinese controller and found a 50/50 chance weather they would work or not. Before you buy another controller check wiring or if you have access to another kobelco - 6 or - 6es plug your controller into it and that will tell you if you controller is broken or not. Also open your controller and check for corrosion on front and back of the circuit board. This is usually what causes them to go faulty

  13. #13Charlieky1232021-06-20 18:06

    Ok. I’ll see if I can get a schematic. I get the same error and response when using the old and new controllers. Do you think supplied power and/or ground to the controller would be the issue?

  14. #14Kobelco ireland2021-06-20 18:15

    Cpu-1 fault is either broken controller or power supply problem. Also if controller detects less than 18 volts from battery it will shut down and display cpu fault on dash. The last Chinese controller a customer supplied me with came up with cpu 1 fault when fitted same as yours does. After a bit of a push I got him to get genuine one from dealer. Plugged it in and hey presto it worked perfectly.

  15. #15Charlieky1232021-06-20 22:21

    the key switch won’t turn off the engine or the display. But it will start it

  16. #16Kobelco ireland2021-06-21 02:23

    Your engine won't turn off cos there is no power going to the stepper motor. And the display won't shut down while engine is still running

  17. #17Charlieky1232021-06-21 03:59

    Does this problem give any clue to what the big problem is? Do we have no power to stepper b/c the cpu isn’t getting power? But we can control the arm, bucket, and able to swing.

  18. #18Kobelco ireland2021-06-21 04:01

    Stepper motor is controller by cpu

  19. #19Kobelco ireland2021-06-21 04:21

    In my experience if you have no power to controller the machine will not allow any hydraulic movement cos the dead man lever won't function, but if you have power to controller the hydraulics will operate very slowly. I think your original controller is faulty and your new chinese one is a dud

  20. #20Kobelco ireland2021-06-21 04:46

    Pull out the controller and controller back up fuse and see if hydraulics stop working

  21. #21Kyle Helmke2021-06-22 21:26

    When you installed the new metro controller who did the programming and what program did they install. I just went through this on a long reach, where the software was bad and the 2 new controllers the customer bought both read CPU failure. After getting the correct software the machine will change to ROM DATA FAILURE till an A adjustment is done. To run an A adjustment you need to hold mode button while turn key on 10 sec, then hold buzzer stop for 5 sec. Should take you to "adjust gap stop" screen, then follow screen instructions. If you search cpu failure you can find my old thread see if it sounds similar.

  22. #22Charlieky1232021-06-22 23:31

    I have no clue what program they used. When I remove the CPU and start the machine, the machine acts completely the same. I don’t have a schematic of the wiring or I would do some testing. Looking like end of week I may have a truck coming to move this but need to find a way to get it loaded before I have to get a crane. Is there any other way to get the throttle to engage so I can move this machine?

  23. #23Vetech632021-06-23 08:13

    Yeah, #metoo

  24. #24Charlieky1232021-06-23 15:02

    We do have forward throttle, the machine is on a short downhill slope and either the reverse is not working or not enough power make it up a slight 15 degree pitch in reverse. If reverse is working, would we have enough power to make up a slight incline in reverse

  25. #25Charlieky1232021-06-23 15:10

    There is a cable run with 1 good size green and white cable, and 2 small black cables. These are going to the stepper motor. The green and black cables are connected to a wiring harness but the white cable is disconnected. No schematic on hand. Anyone have an idea where this should go?

  26. #26Kobelco ireland2021-06-23 15:36

    That white wire should be going up to glow plugs

  27. #27Charlieky1232021-06-23 15:44

    Ok. no issues with it starting

  28. #28Kobelco ireland2021-06-23 16:15

    Did you try contacting lachau about the wiring diagram, maybe put a new thread in the excavator section asking for wiring diagram. Include your serial number when you ask.

  29. #29Kobelco ireland2021-06-23 16:33

    your new controller should of come pre programmed unless you asked for a blank controller. Contact who you bought it from and ask was it pre programmed for you machine. As for your question about engaging the throttle you could manually move it to full throttle but because none of the pump solenoids, bypass solenoids etc are not getting a signal from your controller the machine hydraulics will still be fairly useless.

  30. #30Kyle Helmke2021-06-24 22:55

    Your cpu was never programed I can almost guarantee it. Call the closest kobelco dealer and have them put software in your controller. As for over ride there should be a emergency shut down cable in cab in the old kobelco, disconnect your stepper motor and use this cable to run fuel. Behind the seat where controller is you should have an emergency control toggle switch, this should set you pumps to a pre set output, won't be fast but should move.

  31. #31Kyle Helmke2021-06-24 22:57

    Looks like your glow plug wiring

  32. #32wikit2021-06-24 23:22

    unhook the stepper linkage and throttle the motor by hand

  33. #33Aubrey Phillips2021-10-04 20:37

    Just curious if you ever got it figured out. I’m tracing similar issue on my sk135. I’ve traced back to the dc convertor which converts 24v to 12v for kpss switches and it also feeds 12v back to cpu for serial communications for display I’m assuming. I’ve have no 12v but 24v feeding into convertor which is located behind the hour meter under display in trim panel. I will order a convertor tomorrow and see what happens.

  34. #34Zivisic2022-12-15 18:55

    Hi everyone, Looks that i have the same problem with Kobelco ECU. Mehatro fail 1 I bpught mew ECU from Kyotech, rhey send me a video from simulator...how new ecu is working with steper and some LEDs. But, pluged in my machine, all is the same...only steper works bi heigher, but mesage stay. I gave ecu, display and S,FC,H controler to eletrician...he told me, he dont have acces, but forshure, softweare on devices are not compatibil. My machine is SK130UR Can somebody with experiance help, what to do Thx

  35. #35wikit2022-12-15 21:46

    Check wiring harness well; the stepper motor might need to be re introduced to the ecm

  36. #36wikit2022-12-15 21:53

    Check wiring harness well; the stepper motor might need to be re introduced to the ecm

  37. #37Zivisic2022-12-16 01:55

    Stvarno sam provjerio Harnes...nekoliko puta Al je dobro, imam punu el sheme machine, al 24v and - , diods are good. @Aubrey Phillips ...did you fix your problem? Bojim se da digitalna komunikacija između uređaja nije working...