Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 JLG 600AJ very slow to RPM up when trying to drive

Enajizer ยท 2025-02-06 18:27

Hello everyone! I have a 2008 JLG 600AJ and while trying to move forward or backwards it is very slow to respond. When pushing the joystick fw, I can feel the brake release, but the machine will not move until the engine rpms come up. And for some reason, there is a long delay before the rpms ramp up? Once ramped up it moves fine. I have an analyzer and went to the drive section and when I try to move forward, I can see the drive percentage and it goes up along with the rpms. Which is probably obvious, but thought I'd mention it. Thank you in advance for any advice on fixing this problem!

Replies4
  1. #1Enajizer2025-02-08 22:08

    Hoping someone can help me.

  2. #2hvguy2025-02-17 16:59

    I know on my e400a it has a ramp time and delay settings under I think personalization. Maybe adjust those to something more aggressive. Not sure if it'll have the same parameters as mine. But it's worth a peek.

  3. #3Enajizer2025-02-17 17:10

    Thank you hvguy! It's definitely worth a try! I'll see what happens.

  4. #4Enajizer2025-03-15 12:58

    Well, after changing the speed selector switch and it not fixing the issue (even though jumping the wires on the switch didn't help either). And as hvguy suggested, I went through the parameters with the scanner and didnt see anything off in there. What I finally did find though, was a wire from the speed sensor on the engine was rubbed through and grounding out. After fixing this, it works like it should now! Hopefully this may help someone else. Thanks!