Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone ever run one of these?

Andy1845c · 2025-02-05 21:53

Curious how this boom works. It looks like it has an extra joint - but can't quite tell whats going on from the picture. Is there a name for this?

Replies3
  1. #1Shimmy12025-02-05 22:01

    I believe it's a 340 UHD. In your pic it just has a different boom attached. 340 UHD | Hydraulic Excavator | Ultra High Demolition Excavator Cat® 340 hydraulic excavators bring high reaching power, performance, and control to your demolition projects. www.westernstatescat.com

  2. #2Andy1845c2025-02-05 22:54

    Ok. I think youre correct. What I was thinking was a pivot point appears to be "quick attach" to swap the boom or remove for transport. The picture you posted DOES have a more complex boom set up with an additional pivot - whats the reason for this? How are the controls for this usually set up?

  3. #3laidback012025-02-06 02:15

    you want to see something fun - take a look at this thread about the Mecalec! HeavyEquipmentForums