Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2009 Cat 279c self level feature

Cmonty ยท 2019-12-29 10:32

My Cat 279c self level option is blowing the fuse as soon as I try to turn it off. I cant find any obvious shorts. Does anyone have suggestions for trouble shooting?

Replies2
  1. #192U 34062019-12-29 11:34

    S/N? Does your machine have the position sensor at the work tool quick attach? If so, I usually find the hose conduit the harness sits in breaks and damages the harness. Located between the loader arms and the Q/A. I've also seen the harness get damaged at the rear of the machine, where the loader arms pin to the machine.

  2. #2Cmonty2019-12-29 16:15

    S/N JMBT00908. It doesn't look like the sensors are located at the tool quick attach. The machine came with the auto quick attach but it was removed by previous owner. I traced the wires running down the loader arms but everything seems to be in good shap . No issues at the pins either. I'm going to raise the cab and trace the wires further but it's raining now so I wont be able to do it until one evening this week.