Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2010 dt 466 school bus

Tiny ยท 2019-03-18 01:55

I had one smoking .Laptop showed it had a bad differential pressure switch . Swapped that out but still had 1/2 the smoke . Local guy said plugged EGR coolers . Pulled an elbow off and saw this . That was enough to start removing it or I should say both of them . After getting the second one off it looked like this . My Question is , I have a near twin to this , 2009 . Pretty close to the same mileage . How likey is this next one to needing the same ? 3,000 in parts for this .

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-03-18 06:19

    soak it in ?? & use an old toothbrush to knock the crud off..

  2. #2ianjoub2019-03-18 08:34

    Soak it in a gallon can of carburetor cleaner or larger pail with more gallons if size dictates.

  3. #3tbone14712019-03-18 22:56

    We rigged up a 55 gallon drum with a sump pump and 5 gallons of purple power with 3 gallons of water. Put sump pump discharge hose in inlet of cooler to flush backwards. Let it run over night with a lid on top of the drum but not completely sealed just to catch the bubbles so they fall back in the drum. Water and compressed air to blow out in the morning.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-03-19 06:31

    I've had the BEST LUCK w/ HOT acid cleaner.. let sit overnite.. rinse & blow dry..