Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2010 new holland backhoe brake issue

dozzer ยท 2019-12-29 09:28

bought a 2010 new Holland backhoe b95b brakes worked when I put it away, next time no brake at all. fluid was low, refilled, wondering if they need to be bled, not sure where bled screws are, any help would be great. thankls

Replies5
  1. #1Toxic2019-12-29 10:40

    Whats the rear axle fluid look like? If its black replace it with a quality wet brake compatable hydrolic fluid. I just bought a 98 555e and fluid was black and brakea worked but made noise. Changed out fluid twice and no noise now..the brakes arnt the strongest and are probably worn out but they are still working. Another thing you can check is to see if there is enough fluid in the brake resivor. Mine is in the dash by steering wheel right hand side. Only use mineral oil in it..not standard brake fluid

  2. #2Toxic2019-12-29 10:41

    I have not found a bleed spot for my brakes yet either. I know the master cyclinders are in the axle tho?

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-12-29 10:51

    Dozzer; I replied to your PM. Brake bleeders are always, as far as I know located on the brake cylinders. Should be hidden under a tiny rubber cap which protrudes out of the brake shoe backing plate. It can be buried under dirt and mud sometimes.

  4. #4dozzer2019-12-29 12:49

    brakes are wet hydro. light came on refilled with mineral brake fluid, only too about 5 oz. Just funny no resistance at all on peddle

  5. #5Tinkerer2019-12-31 07:04

    I didn't know your B95B had wet brakes. Mineral oil is the correct fluid for the master cylinders. The NH online parts book is finally back on-line, but is very quirky. I cannot help you because I am not familiar with your machine. I see the parking brake is engaged and released by an electric solenoid. Is it working ? It is released correct ? Do you have a service manual ? I am posting a screenshot of the brake assembly. Hopefully that will help somewhat. Also a link to the parts book. ---> https://partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr60857ar836410