Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2011 Cat 247B3 Smoking, Throwing Oil HELP

GBelskey ยท 2025-12-12 19:13

hey everyone, I have a 2011 cat 247b3 and I went to start it this morning to plow my driveway and it started smoking out my entire property and spitting oil out of the exhaust. this is the first time that its happened and it was all of a sudden. the block heater was plugged in but apart from that nothing out of the ordinary overnight any assistance is greatly appreciated I'm thinking its the turbo or the rings but in the best of the worst worlds I'm hoping its the turbo thanks in advanced -Graydon

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-12-13 10:03

    I would suggest to pull off the intake line from the air filter to the turbo, grab hold of the compressor wheel and try to rattle it around. If it does move you have probably found your issue.

  2. #2GBelskey2025-12-13 14:05

    Thank you, Ill give it a shot whenever I'm back with the skid steer

  3. #3Steve Frazier2025-12-14 22:32

    I had this happen with my 248 while working snow. The crankcase vent had iced up and wouldn't allow pressure to escape, made a terrible mess of thing and I initially thought the the engine had blown. Pulled the vent off, took it inside and thawed it and then dried it and things were fine. It never happened again.