Hello. I have a 2011 John Deere 410J. Operator was loading gravel with the bucket, he rested the bucket on a pile of gravel and shut down the machine. The load was most likely not fully resting on the gravel (suspended). He turned off the machine, went to fire it back up and it would crank over but sputter and die.He tried again but then engaged the curl function on the bucket and it ran fine. He dumped the load and drove out to see me. I hoped in the machine, same thing happened to me, 3 times. Long story short, my day was over so I parked the machine in the bay, hit the overnight switch and left it for "tomorrow". This morning I got ready to run some tests(I have limited diagnostics tools). I figured I would try and see if it would fire up, before I got too carried away... well, it did. The machine ran fine all day. Side note: I am more familiar with older machines. What happened? Did a pressure relief valve stick or something of this nature... looking for advice. Should some tests be performed or we keep running it? We are a long way from any Deere techs so this will be costly. Thanks.
Welcome to HEF Mark ! Serial number? When the issue happens again, double check that all operating levers are in the neutral position and the auxiliary switch on the dash is off. If all checks out, then: On the left side frame (to the left of the hydraulic pump) underneath is a small square aluminum block with a solenoid on it and a diagnostic quick coupler. Plug a 5000 psi gauge into that coupler with a long whip hose that reaches the cab. What pressure do you have there when the issue is occurring?
Thank you! Serial number: 1T0410jxva0192891 The issue has not happened again, I ran the machine today with no issues. I did notice that one of the stabilizer leg levers was sticking yesterday, it was fine today. Tomorrow I will have a chance to investigate the linkage and poke around the machine. Where I work... preventative maintenance is tough to achieve. I'll have to make up a whip on a pressure gauge that can reach into the cab. I'm in the boonies and supplies are limited.