I posted this in the shop talk forum and wasn’t getting much luck so I figured I’d try here. I have a 2012 John Deere 250glc excavator with a 6068ht in it. It has a ton of blow by. The machine itself has 5800 hours on it but the first engine was replaced at 750 hours due to it getting dusted by a bad air filter system. This engine is showing the same fate. My question is, I can’t find very much on the 6068ht. Mine is a 6068ht073. It’s a tier 4 interim engine. How much of a job is a rebuild on one of these? Who makes a good rebuild kit?Anything to look for when I tear it down? Any advice would be great as I can’t find anything on the 6068ht. I was told in the other group it may be the turbo? It has a ton of blow by but doesn’t use a lot of oil. You can’t run it more than 4 hours with a blow by filter in it or it will throw a high crank case pressure code. The engine serial number is PE6068R053250. Model number is 6068HT073.
No replies yet.