Hey guys I have a T650 skidsteer, and it worries me because the drive sprockets are tilting outward. What would be making it do that?
Are you referring to the teeth from wear, tilting ? Or the entire sprocket tiling out if standing behind machine? If the later option, probably loose bolts with the combination of debris. Either at drive motor or sprockets themself. Pictures would help. Nice machine btw. Loved those paired with the Kubota
Hey there. Hondaracing brings up a very good point - is the whole sprocket assembly tilting, or just the teeth wearing funny? If the whole thing is tilting, I've seen that a couple of times on other machines. I'd definitely check what he suggested first-make sure the big bolts holding the sprocket on are tight. If those are solid, the next thing I'd worry about is the main bearings inside the final drive motor. That's what supports the whole thing. A good way to check is to try and wiggle the sprocket with your hands (with the machine OFF, of course!). Push it in and out, up and down. There should be zero play. If it moves or clunks, your bearings are likely on their way out. It's a pretty common problem on machines with a few thousand hours on them. Hope it's just something simple like loose bolts for you!
Thank you guys, I'll check it out and let you know.