Hello folks, new user here. I just picked up a 2016 289d with the bobcat/case style hand and foot controls. I'm wanting to convert to standard ISO controls. I see cat has a discontinued kit part 533-5187 for conversion that looks like it's "plug and play". Anyone done this conversion? Is there any programming that needs to be done?
Attached the instructions for installing the kit. It does require some re-progamming of the Machine Configuration parameters using Cat ET. I was always under the impression that the pattern could be changed from the keyboard/screen. Can you supply a machine Serial Number and do you have an Operation Manual that should IIRC contain the instructions on how to change patterns.
Serial is TAW05005
Is it fitted with a pattern control switch.? See Page 44.
Looks like if I had H pattern it can be switch but mine is the optional hand and foot controls so I don't have the pattern control switch and the joysticks are different. Since mine has no throttle pedal I believe I could just swap joysticks and those parameters while using the dial throttle without adding the throttle pedal. Is Cat ET software widely available (i.e. my local mobile equipment mechanic should have it) or is it typically dealer only? Thank you for your help and the manuals/instructions.
ET is not limited to dealers. There are customer versions of the software that hopefully a local independent tech who is local to you will have. According to the system it was not originally built that way. It left the factory fitted with the Deluxe Hyd Control Arrgt that included a foot pedal for the throttle control. See attached.