Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 Case 580SN WT blown hydraulic line in boom

zpeasey · 2024-02-18 18:10

Help! I am stuck. I blew the hydraulic line to the stick(it was very brittle). I was able to get the boom locked into transport mode but the fluid kept steaming out after disengaging the backhoe button. The front bucket is down and I have no power steering. How do I move it to where I can work on it? It looks like the whole line needs to be replaced. The flexible hose is crimped to a hard line that runs down in the boom. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. One video that I watched had the boom angled to the side and at about 45⁰ with the stick extended out, bucket removed, stabilizer down. How do I accomplish this if I can't move it to where I can work on it? Thanks in advance.

Replies9
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-02-19 00:06

    The hoses are hitting something. Are they installed properly? It looks like they make a tight S curve where maybe a single loop sticking up would be better. Can you add some oil to get it moved? If not fix it where it is.

  2. #292U 34062024-02-19 01:24

    Doesn't look like its crimped to the hardline, just a fitting by the looks of it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-02-19 02:43

    I never really looked that close but hold a wrench on the hex on the hose and loosen the nut on the steel line and your hose is off.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-02-19 09:39

    Does this help ?

  5. #5HarleyHappy2024-02-19 11:44

    Probably going to need a couple pails of hydraulic fluid and a #10 JIC plug to move it. Is the Extendahoe in?

  6. #6zpeasey2024-02-19 17:31

    You guys are amazing!!! Thank you! I was able to MacGyver a temporary patch, add more hydraulic fluid to it to get it moved to where I can work on it. Now the real fun begins. Lol @Tinkerer the schematic is very helpful.

  7. #7zpeasey2024-02-25 11:15

    Quick question. I have decided to change out the lines for the boom and stick, all but the extendahoe. That will be a summer job. Can the hydraulic hard lines be replaced with hydraulic hoses? It just seems like less connection would mean less potential failures down the road.

  8. #892U 34062024-02-25 11:30

    You probably could but honestly I'd say it isn't worth the expense or time. JMO.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2024-02-25 11:57

    Nope, Nope, Nope. They are there for a reason. Much less possibility of ripping out or ripping off. If I could, I would put more hard line in. Unless you were to clamp the ever living crap out of them. I have replaced hard line in a pinch to keep running with a hose but have always had one made or found a replacement for because they just look like crap and are more prone to damage.