Hi all, my 289c has the flashing parking brake issue. I had a hose develop a small hole that went to the hydraulic fan. Replaced the hose tested, and have no leaks. However, in my great wisdom, I decided to clean up the belly pan and under the floor. I attempted to be real careful and not get water where it shouldn't be but can not be 100% that I succeeded in that. I was able to get the codes but trying to figure out if it is just my dumb luck that it happened while I changed the hose or if I caused this. Codes are 2476-3 and 2474-3 pointing o left joystick. Also, 358-5 Implement Pilot Pressure sensor solenoid, and finally 681-5 parking break low voltage. With the various codes I am assuming water or wiring??? Anyone have the electrical schematics for these parts, and/or a place to start. I have left it sat in the shop with the cab up for about a week with my big fan blowing through the belly pan and seat area but no luck. Thought that would be too easy. Thanks for any help.
Were those four Codes present before you started cleaning.? If they were not then the most likely cause is either disturbed wiring or water has got into connectors, or both. Need a machine Serial Number in order to identify the appropriate electrical schematic.
Hi Nige, thanks. Quite honestly, I am not sure if those were present has I hadn't checked it in a while. The serial number is JMP02528.
But it moved OK before the hydraulic hose on the fan failed, correct.? EDIT: Are the Codes Active or Logged.? How are you accessing them.?
Yes, that is correct. Everything work just as it should. I stopped to check oil after the daily use and noticed a little drip back there. It was on the hose where the go past the hinge for the back door to the Hyd filter. I called to get the new hose from Cat and then after I put it on, decided to clean that up as it had dripped down by some connections. Decided while I was at it I would clean it up. After that is when I got this issue.
See my additional question above.
They are active. I am accessing them by holding down the 2 keys on the right panel the down arrow and the page button and scrolling through them
Try troubleshooting the 681-5 Code first. Note it is the park brake solenoid low current, not low voltage. If you can get rid of that one then you can move on to troubleshoot the joystick Codes.
Thanks Nige. Give me a day or so to work on this and I will get back with the results. I appreciate it.
Would an electrical schematic be of assistance.?
Would you have the location diagram of this parking brake Solenoid by chance. I cannot locate one on the Internet.
#7 on the attachment. Mounted on the hystat pump.
OK, so was able to get in there this week and start getting everything cleaned up and wiped down. However I do not see a solenoid that looks like that with the bolt through the body. Is this on the front side of that pump, or on the back (engine) side?
It's actually in the centre section of the hystat pump, right side of the machine as you sit in the seat. #27 in the illustration below. Track it down from the wire colours connected to the machine side of the connector. They will be marked A958 White and H807 Yellow. Be careful because H807 Yellow is a return wire and is common to more than one solenoid.
Thanks Nige I will get back out there tonight and get back on this. I appreciate the help
Ok, I was able to get some time and really dig into this and eventually found out what was wrong. Started tracing wires, found several chewed or cut wires on the harness behind the seat up under there. Long story short 10 wires real close the main push in large connector on the back of the seat. Real fun to get up in there and twist around to fix but was able to get them done. Thanks Nige, I appreciate the help and the solenoid was replaced just to make sure there wouldn't be a problem later on, the old one is in a box in the shop in case I need it for an emergency.
Thanks for posting Solution. Someone else may benefit from it. Was it rodents that caused the damage to wires, or rubbing. Simon C