Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 Caterpillar D4K LGP Parking brake won’t release and Left joystick not coming out of reverse.

Shane A · 2023-07-14 11:41

The Dozer had intermitten issue. Would operate fine all day then when parked and shut off, the next day it would start fine but parking brake would not disengage, The parking light will flash and ! would light up, the left joystick will not fuction except for the buttons. Then after siiting a few days will work fine again. Now the issue is permanant. The technician said no communication with transmission control module. So I took the computer out from behind the battery and had it inspected and tested and it works fine. I charged the batteries for a few days to bring the voltage up as high as possible. The codes I got from the screen are A039, 1699-03, 1699-04, 1700-03, 1700-04, 2113-03, 490-03, 1078-03, 1079-03 Serial # CAT00D4KCRRR00(0?)05 (0?= SCRATCHED off so assuming it's a 0) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-07-14 12:25

    A long list. First thing to ask is which ones are currently Active.? Please go through the list again and when each Code comes up on the screen look for a letter "A" before the "039", or whatever it is, for each Code. Anything with the "A" lit up is currently Active, anything without it is not.

  2. #2Shane A2023-07-14 23:51

    Thanks for the reply. I went and got all the Codes from today and wrote them exactly as they appear. It doesn’t appear that any have an A. 039 1699-03 039 1700-03 039 1703-05 039 1704-05 039 1705-05 039 1706-05 039 1707-05 039 1708-05 039 2113-03 039 2305-03 039 2500-03 039 E 179-2 039 E875-2 036 1834-02 039 91-02 039 133-05 039 168-04 039 358-05 039 444-05 039 490-03 039 600-03 039 681-05 039 811-09

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-07-15 01:26

    They all have an A in front of them like you mentioned in your 1st post?

  4. #4Nige2023-07-15 05:16

    That's strange, because in the list of Codes you originally posted the very first one was " A 039 1699-03" which got me thinking which ones of original your list were Active and which ones weren't. With the symptoms you have it is highly unlikely that NONE of the Codes in your list are currently Active. Suggestion: Try scrolling through the list of Codes with the engine running at idle. See attached.

  5. #5Shane A2023-07-15 11:56

    A039 1699-03 A039- 1700-03

  6. #6Shane A2023-07-15 12:13

    You’re right, The same two codes were twice, one with an A and another without. Instead of re-writing every code I tried to add any new ones to my previous list and made a mistake. Thanks for the correction!

  7. #7Nige2023-07-15 12:35

    OK, both of them relate to the steering & FNR position sensors respectively. Attached are the troubleshooting procedures. You will probably also need an electrical schematic. I'll send you one. Keep an eye on your messages.

  8. #8Shane A2023-07-15 20:19

    Thank You Nige! The left joystick has a bad wiring harness. The machines wiring harness appears to be fine but I'll know for sure after I repair the joystick harness tomorrow. I appreciate your help!