Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 volvo mtc135c electrical issues

loader53 ยท 2020-12-10 22:10

Recently purchased a 2012 volvo mtc135c from auction that was supposed to just be intermittent throttle control valve and in op fuel shut off. When I got it that was not the case and throttle control valve wasn't even hooked up and used a string to control throttle and shut off. Did run and operate. Wasn't sure if any one was familiar with the electrical on volvo/jcb mono boom skid steers and may have some advice. I have checked all the fuses and electrical connections and cleaned any corrosion on any leads. Hearing these are not good in this area. To get the machine to start they ran a third wire from last position on the key switch the normal third wire would go to directly to the wire running to the starter solenoid. Also ran one wire to a constant positive for the loom that sending power to the fuel shut off valves and oil pressure switch. I assume those should be energized off the key switch and then not when key is off to shot off the engine. Under the arm rest you have two 5pin relays one closest to the seat is supposed to be for ignition and the one beside it the pilot controls. One is missing the top however does toggle when tested and ignition is in position 1. Second relay doesn't even test out so is bad. Looking at the slot it goes in a 4 pin would also work. Does anyone know the correct relay number to purchase the right new ones seeing as its possible these could be the on incorrect ones. Looking at the relay layout behind the seat below the two rows of fuses relay A is ignition position 1 b is ignition position 2 and c is throttle circuit. I am going to test the relays in A and b to make sure they work. Is B relay what is supposed to energize the starter wire lead? A what would energize fuel shut offs and all prior to start? I have the throttle control valve working fine from the the hand control knob just need to work out the other two bugs. I know this is a mess was curious if anyone had any experience or knowledge in this area.

Replies0

No replies yet.