Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2013 John Deere 329E flywheel or something in there is damaging my crank sensor.

Skidjoe123 ยท 2024-09-17 19:21

I removed the sensor and it was bent like something hit it and there was steel dust collected on the sensor, I scoped it , cant see much but the teeth on the flywheel are chipped up a bit. I think i need to open it up and see what's going on. I'm thinking the best way to get at it is to remove the hydraulic pump side? any expert advise would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612024-09-19 12:25

    Welcome to HEF Skidjoe123 ! That can be done, but you will have to find a way to support the engine since the rear engine mounts (front of the machine) are attached to the flywheel housing cover.

  2. #2Skidjoe1232024-09-19 12:42

    Thanks for your response i need it. Yes i am going to make a bracket that will bolt onto the engine so i can support it. It looks pretty straight forward, are there any tricks to it that you might know of. It looks like the bell housing bolts and mounting bolts need to be removed aswell as the octopus of hoses but other than that it should pull out from there. Thanks for your advise and could use any other advise you can share with me.

  3. #3mg23612024-09-20 05:00

    Something I forgot to mention that is sitting in the back of my old mind. Before pulling the cover off the back of the flywheel housing, look real carefully before you begin, because there might be the chance the housing might not clear the welded engine mounts on the frame. I believe it will clear, but if it does not, then the engine might have to be scooched rearward a bit. Have a real long extension handy for removing the two bolts from the bottom where the plate the pumps sit on is bolted.