Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat t250 drive issue

Member · 2024-09-17 15:58

2005 t-250 sjc controls, had the machine looked at by several mechanics and all of them seem to point me in different directions. left side track operates fine, right track does not move at all and lift/tilt does not work either. Machine has new final drives. am I looking at a failure in the main hydrostat or could it be something more simple? I’ll add that when this originally happened machine was working fine, right track suddenly quit and I still had lift and tilt at the time. After checking different things several different times eventually the lift/tilt quit working too. Again left track still operates as normal. Scratching my head at this point. Charge pump??? Thanks in advance

Replies6
  1. #1ozarkag2024-09-17 21:12

    I would suspect that if charge pump was out totally, or not turning, that the left side would not drive either. Any codes?

  2. #2Member2024-09-17 21:28

    05-14 and 05-15 low charge pressure codes have been the only codes thrown

  3. #3willie592024-09-17 22:07

    Those two codes I would normally say check your pump drive belt. But in your case, left drive works fine but right drive doesn't work and neither does loader functions, well, that blows that up, actual low charge pressure and charge pressure in shut down should kill left drive function along with all other functions. You have an SJC (Selectable Joystick Control) machine which means the drive and function controls are electronic joysticks sending information to the main controller (computer) to operate machine functions. There's nothing hardwired about that machine. And with the problem your having, it's going to require a Bobcat tech as access to that computer is proprietary to Bobcat, no independent shop has access to Bobcat software. About all an independent shop could do is throw parts at it and hope something works, but it's for sure not your charge pump if the left drive works fine.

  4. #4Member2024-09-17 22:22

    kind of what I was starting to think as well. I have already spent several thousands of dollars throwing different parts at this machine and was advised to replace/rebuild hydrostat due to a bad charge pump next by a mechanic(not bobcat) I do not want to put anymore parts on this machine until I have a pretty solid answer on the real issue. Thank you

  5. #5willie592024-09-17 22:40

    Unfortunately, and I'm an independent mechanic, I think at this point you need some spot on technical info, and only a Bobcat tech can do that. That is, if you have a good dealer in your area. That applies to any machine.

  6. #6Member2024-10-16 17:10

    I have it back from the shop and left side still works fine as it always had with no issues. Right track does move now but mostly at higher rpm. right track will go forward even when you motion joystick in reverse position. it will also move slightly ahead without touching joysticks when it is revved up. lift/ tilt seems to move sometimes also at higher rpm but mostly seems to be locked out, as it will bog down when moving joysticks for lift tilt. does have a code for low charge pressure and code 38-15 for right wheel speed fault any ideas before I try to find a certified bobcat tech near me to look at it?