Hey, I have a 2013 john deere 410K, im having a problem with the lift boom, I have tons of power going down, im able to lift up the machine going down, but I am unable to lift the arm back up. No power going up. I have to use the extension boom to force the lift boom to go up. Switch to backhoe or excavator pattern, still same issue. Can someone point me in what direction to go. Thanks.
km
Welcome to HEF! Providing the serial # can help the experts determine your machines specific configuration. Good luck
1T0410TKVDE248286
Welcome to HEF Jonesyx93 ! Does the boom drift down when it is off the ground with the control levers in neutral? Key on, press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until the words SERVICE MENU appear in the screen. Release the button. Scroll to diagnostics, press select, highlight and select codes. Any active or stored codes? Record them, post them, clear them, run the machine. Do any come back?
No drift of the boom in either direction, I know how to get into the service menu but idk how to clear the codes.
Idk what theses mean. I searched the internet for the codes. Can't come up with anything.
Could someone send me a link on where to buy the required maintenance and service books for this machine.
The Operators manual for that 410K with TMC is # OMT281951 its available as a free download at the Deere bookstore. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=&p1=search&p1_v=OMT281951&pattr=p0,p1 . - Repair manual TM12488 and Operation and Test manual TM12487 are available to purchase at the Deere bookstore.
The bottom picture with the totally rusted hose connections tells me that there has been some lack of maintenance on this unit. When the day comes to take those apart, it will be a fun one. Only $0.30 of fluid film sprayed all over those fitings and driven on a dusty raod would of protected them from rusting solid. Are the battery cables and all the ground cables in good or no good shape. Preventative maintenance is worth a pound of cure. Simon C
When you scrolled to codes and pressed select to enter, from there you press next (not select) and that should take you to the screen that says clear codes. When on that screen, press select. On the above codes in your screenshots, if you press select while on those screens, it will show first and last occurrence and how many times the code has been logged. They just might be old codes. Just clear everything and see what comes back, if anything.
I just bought the machine in feb so im going through her on days off to get it ready for spring.
Okay, i figured out how to get into the service menu today and cleared all the stored codes so now i only have a code for a brake light lol
Just wanted to say that it is not uncommon for backhoes to be badly rusted at hose ends from Salt. Worked on a Case that all the solid pipes underneath were welded solid. Complete replacement only would fix it. Tackle one small project at a time, is my suggestion. Simon C
Yes forsure
For major work, I usually tackle one or two big things every spring as mine is a working backhoe and need it. Can’t afford to spend the time and money, to completely re-hab an older hoe. Good thing is, after I’m gone, the wife will be able to ask top dollar as machine will be I way better condition than when I acquired it. One day, I will tackle the tower pins and bushings. I did the stabilizers a couple of years ago and that took care of a lot of slop. Every once in a while, I contemplate, converting to a 2 stick but I grew up using the 3 stick with foot swing.
These two codes become active today, i think thier hydraulic codes, can someone point me in the location if these sensors.
Also with regards to my first issue, would one of pressure relief valves be causing my no lift power issue ?
Dead ending a hose that feeds the bottom of a cylinder is a way to check how much available pressure you have in case it is less than the amount needed to open the safety valve for the cylinder to stroke. Not sure what your machines issue is but if mg3261 repies, he is very sharp, and knows Deere systems. Simon C
What do you mean by dead ending a hose ? Just take the hose off and put a pressure gauge on it ?
I take the hose off and I had built for my JIC hoses a threaded 1/8 NPT hole in a Male Plug for attaching my gauge hose to. Or I hook up a Tee Tap that I have to the hose and plug the end and hook up my gauge to the other outlet. What ever can measure the pressure on the hose . Use minimum 6000psi gauge and keep your hands clear cause a leak will be a bad trip to the hospital. Simon C
Yes. It could also be the reason you have temperature codes, at least the 711.16. The 712.04 is a short to ground, so that would be an electrical issue. Unfortunately, I believe those sensors are integral to the controller mounted on top of the BOM. You could also swap those relief valves to see if the power issue switches with them.