Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 259D Right joystick working intermittently

Hillmaniac1993 · 2025-07-13 21:38

I have a 2014 259D that is throwing the codes 2475-3 and 2477-3. The joystick will work intermittently. I can start it up and it will throw the code right away, and not work the bucket at all. Then I shut it down, start it back up and it will work for a min or two then throw the code again. I checked the power supply and I'm getting 11.5 volts between the orange pin and the black pin at the joystick connector. The troubleshooting guide says I should be getting 8 volts on that pin. Anybody have any advice on this? Would this reading be an indication of a bad joystick? Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2025-07-14 15:25

    That right there strongly suggests to me a wiring issue, either in a harness connector or maybe even in a harness. Also need to clarify that on some machines the joystick position sensors are powered by a 12v supply from the key switch, on others it is a stabilised 8v supply from the Machine ECM.