Hi . . I am brand new as of 5 min ago . . . So if I goof things up I apologize . . It won’t be the first time. I recently purchased a 2014 Bobcat T590. While operating it a couple days ago the tilt lift warning came on with a code of w3239. Shortly there after it locked up and I was unable to get it work. I’ve done the internet and YouTube research and it is pointing me towards a wiring issue or a solenoid valve coil issue . . . I talked to the Bobcat dealer and without looking at it they couldn’t make a determination of what was happening. Since I can’t get the lift tilt to work there was no way to get it on a trailer to transport it to the dealer . . . I am looking for some direction on how I should proceed in rectifying this issue . . . Thx in advance!
Well . . . I think I have it figured out and it is only going to cost me $850 for an actuator from Bobcat. It was not the solenoid valve coil like I had hoped, a one hundred dollar fix. Now I have two working solenoid valve coils and will pickup the actuator in Reno on Monday. Hope this helps anybody else with a similar issue.
W3239, ACS (Advanced Control System) lift actuator not in neutral. I don't have a lot of experience with ACS or SJC machines, spent years working on Standard Control machines, but one thing I've learned about problems like you have, a failed actuator, is the actuator didn't necessarily fail because it just went up in smoke. Rather, it failed because it's getting oil ingress from failed control valve spool seals which gets oil inside the actuator which causes it to go up in smoke. Again, don't have much experience with that myself, just know that's something you should look for when you remove that failed actuator. If it's go oil in in, better replace the spool seals in the control valve, and that includes the bucket tilt spool as it works with an actuator as well.
Thank you willie59 great advice! . . . I will check for oil and check on the seals.
welcome Bumpa, +1 on Willie I would go one step further and have seal in hand (cheap part) . Also I had one that was binding up (in the actuator itself) that caused it to smoke and had to get rough with it to get to the linkage pin. Good luck.
Thank you 63 Caveman . . . Yes I will do that! I think after all these years and the time and money I have wasted on trying to fix things on the cheap. This is part of the learning process I can hopefully pass on to my grand children at a much younger age!♂️ Some things in life you just need to spend the money and do it right the first time out! Certainly would have been nice to learn that concept a lot earlier in life . . . Oh well . . . It’s never to late to learn something new! Thx again to all for the great advice and wisdom!
You can always send your old one off to be repaired. Actuators and controllers where failing at such a rate an entire cottage industry sprang up just around acs/sjc and deluxe panel repairs. We used to send them out for repair or replace with new and send out failed units for repair to keep around for the next inevitable failure. It was a cycle of never ending replacement.. Just make sure you go through the calibration procedure or your new actuator will be in the same condition as the one your replacing... Kaputs...
copy that @Txhayseed Still trying to get to the bottom of this issue Have replaced the actuator and is still throwing the w3239 . . . I have been on the phone with the service guy in Sparks Nevada, he has been great and very helpful. One problem thou . . . He is stumped as to why it is still not functioning properly after all I have done (at his direction). Letting him sleep on it tonight . . .hopefully he will have a stroke of genius tomorrow when he wakes up!! If not I think I am at the point of taking it in ! Thank you to everyone for your input!!
Well if you replaced the actuator and still got the same problem it could be the valve itself, wiring , joystick or acs controller itself. Always been my experience with a acs issues its worth the diag. Fee to pinpoint the issue since components can be tested before replacement.
Have you verified the centering spring components on the opposite end of the spool are working properly?
Good Morning Guys . . . @Txhayseed . . . Yes that is a great lesson I am taking away from this experience!! Trying to save some money by “YouTube” diagnosing the problem and a little pride getting in the way has cost me . . . Time, money, wear and tear on my truck and trailer! ♂️♂️ The latest is the Bobcat is at the dealer in Sparks Nevada. The guys were nice enough to let me leave my trailer in their yard. It’s a hundred mile round trip to Sparks and home. They will be doing all the diagnostics that you mentioned @Txhayseed (saved a lot there didn’t I ♂️). Just waiting to hear back from them on what needs fixing! @willie59 , yes I was able to confirm the centering spring components were operating, are they operating properly . While I was tinkering, that is one of the procedures I did at the direction of the service dude! So . . . I wait for their call . . . ! Thanks again gentlemen! Learning a lot as I go . . . Hopefully listening to others who know way more than me is one of the lessons learned!! Take care Bumpa
OK guys per Bobcat Reno . . . It was the ground wire for the actuator that was the problem . . . Believe me I was all over checking the wiring harness . . . Never saw or felt an issue with any of the wiring. Looking forward to finding out where that sneaky ground wire is located!! Thanks again for all the help!!
Hi there Bumpa of 4. I know this is a old post but I'm am having the same problem that you had. Did you ever find out where the ground for the actuator is on these machines? thank you