Got a backhoe with an alarm giving this symbol The fuel gauge comes and goes as far as working. Are they related? thanks
Is there a code to go along with it or just the symbol?
just the symbol on the dash whatever code may go with it I have no way to read thanks
If you need service manual for this case - my e-mail - [email protected]
I didn't post this, but I could have. I studied it to see if it's a picture of my instrument panel. I have another thread going currently. Mine is Case 580 Super N. I get a symbol of a circle with teeth outside, & an exclamation point in center. I called the Case dealer 70 miles away, their answer is "Bring it in, leave it." Mobile service is weeks out & estimated as $300. for travel cost. He may be able to plug in & diagnose. Repair will likely require a second trip. My son found a "code reader" on line to get a code number. Where I then will find the meaning of the numbered code, I don't know.
HEF member, gggraham is a one of the Case pros and I think he has posted code definitions in the past. I don't see him post on a regular basis. He may respond to a PM if you send one to him. This website may be some help with codes.---> https://valley-implement.com/error-codes/
how does one access the codes on these machines? are they onboard diagnostics of some sort? posts all over are saying it shows code X,Y and Z but i cannot seem to access them. presumably there is some way to make the screen display them?
I think they may only be accessible thru the diagnostic port.
update: I figured out how to view the codes, its convoluted, but doable, the PDF service manual does give codes and for each code a diagnostic/ repair procedure. the manual says I need the scan tool to clear codes. In some automobiles the codes will clear with the battery unhooked for a period of time, will such a procedure work in this situation?
Last couple posts weren't me. My son is a great deal more tech. adept than I. It appears there are four faults causing the alarm. Likely, as all seem to be a wiring harness issue it'll be a mating plug in the wiring harness. Last Case I had was a modular wiring harness, countless electrical failures occurred where sections of the harness plugged together at the lowest point where slop will drizzle down the harness to them.
cars haven't been able to do that for 25 years. Part of OBD II standards is they must be stored in non-volatile memory. I am sure Case does the same. Not sure if off-road EPA requirements demand it but probably do.
I'm still not clear how Seth was convinced it was the steering column mounted switch gear, He opened it up, found about two ounces of dielectric grease where there should be a tiny bit. I'm thinking cold weather, too much grease, contacts didn't quite make & they burned. Cleaned up the contacts, removed most of the grease, it works. New part is ordered, we'll check it for excess grease.
Now, how does one clear codes.
You need a diagnostic tool to clear fault memory.
All you ever needed to know about a VCM, this is tier4B version. Other tiers are just missing a few of the codes and symbols as they have no DEF.
every thing except what that symbol means
At present, I think transmission. The transmission according to Case literature is not an auto shift. Yet it seems to move from first to second. The control on the steering column is a mess! it was overfull of dielectric grease. I believe the excess grease in winter caused the points to scorch. The rotary switch controls transmission. It has several pairs of contact points. arranged so the moving conductive bridge makes contact with a pair at a time. Whether this part is the only problem, I can't say. With the control in first gear position it randomly toggles between 1st & 2nd. A new control is on order. I hope it solves the problem.
In my day job I am a field engineer for a major auto manufacturer. I tell the technicians "always fix what you find, first". "Check the basics. Powers, ground and voltage drops". "Don't overthink it". Good luck getting thing working @Willie B !
The Case dealer I've dealt with many years informs me they are no longer a Case dealer. They still service, and offer parts. The Colchester VT dealer shares my last name, past experience with them was less than pleasant. There is I believe, a dealer in Troy NY. I'll try the part, it should be here Monday or Tuesday. If it doesn't solve a problem, I'll haul it to a dealer & pray.
No good. New part arrived, it didn't help. Other problems exist. We'll follow the wiring harness further, then haul to Plainfield 70 miles each way. Near certain, two round trips with truck & trailer, lots of uncertainty about cost or if they can fix it. Moral of this story: don't ever buy anything from a used car dealer.
Figured out leave it in 2 through 4, no problem, no alarms. The problem is 1st gear.
It spent a couple weeks at the dealer. They assured me it is fixed. Yes, it now works in first gear. Ordered parts still haven't arrived. Still getting new alarm codes related to transmission shifts. Dealer offers numerous theories, no solutions. Could be anywhere in the overcomplicated electric over hydraulic shifting system, or something internal in the trans resisting shifting. Meanwhile, ongoing alarms about fuel gauge & water sensor on fuel filter. Parts are ordered for these, but seem to be an availability problem.
Hello can someone tell me how to clear the fuel water separator light? Recently the plug ripped off the sensor I replaced plug but the light still come on in the dash.
My 2014 580 SN is very quiet, no need for ear plugs. The alarms are near constant! If the seat swivel isn't latched, if the parking brake is on, if tilted, the fuel gauge alarms regardless how much fuel. The water in fuel alarm is near constant despite frequent draining. Shift alarms have been ongoing, but now after replacing three shift valves they have quieted.
It beeps if in reverse, but seat swivelled to see. I drive to land I own , I prefer to look both ahead & behind to see if someone texting is about to hit me, Tractor is in alarm! Earplugs are needed to avoid going insane! On the control board is always a symbol offering no explanation. Only once was a wrench. I guessed it was a scheduled service interval. When I had done a very extensive service, I didn't know how to reset the service alarm.