Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 Cat 299D – no bucket lift/tilt

John Strange · 2021-12-28 16:23

I was pushing over some cedar trees and a tree jumped out and smacked the polycarbonate winshield pretty good. The bucket lost power both lift and tilt. No active codes, the power attach/detach tool still works, it drives/runs fine.. I don't have a bunch of hydraulic fluid everywhere. I suspect I've kicked some safety mechanism in place. - I've checked the magnet in the door, it still sticks. - I was just going to order a new sensor but they are back ordered for 3 weeks, ugh. - I don't have a door bypass switch. - checked the connections on the right joystick all seem fine. Any other ideas? Cat Serial: GTC00635

Replies9
  1. #1heymccall2021-12-28 17:19

    Unplug door harness and jumper "2" & "4". Like here HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2John Strange2021-12-28 19:59

    thanks, I've seen that but the connector for the door latch, with the magnetic sensor only has 3 wires so I'm that doesn't work unless I need to jump the wiper motor assembly. My understanding is that the door switch gets magnetized from the magnet that's attached. There are not 6 wires in that connector.

  3. #3heymccall2021-12-28 20:37

    The connector is in the pillar of the cab, to facilitate door removal. The switch itself, if failed, will generate a fault code.

  4. #4heymccall2021-12-28 20:38
  5. #5heymccall2021-12-28 20:40
  6. #6heymccall2021-12-28 20:41
  7. #7John Strange2021-12-28 22:41

    So weird, it's been running great for weeks a single tree limbs seems to have disabled me lol.. a little frustrating. - starts fine. - tool attachment works fine. - moves fine left/right/forward/back.

  8. #8Nige2021-12-29 06:00

    On your machine CONN-14 is the connector you are looking for. If you temporarily unplug that connector and jumper pins 2 & 4 that will fool the ECM into thinking the door is closed. If you then find that everything works as it should - either your door switch or the wiring to it has a problem.

  9. #9John Strange2021-12-31 01:42

    Well after spending about a day messing with this the magnet on the door turned horizontally vs. vertically seems to make it work again, but not 100%. I do believe the rocker switch for my hydralic lockout is on the fritz as well and will replace it. Thanks for all the help and patience.