Hi everyone. I just recently purchased a 2016 Cat 249D. It is my first Caterpillar machine I've ever owned. Machine was a trade in and has 2600hrs on it, enclosed cab etc. We were installing new tracks on it and noticed the bucket and Loader settling in increments (not a slow settle) of maybe 1/4". We did use the loader to pick up the front of the machine during this process. I have put about 5 hrs on the machine have not noticed lack of power. The Dealer I bought it from said they replaced the return hydraulic line to the tank or the lower line on the tank (The end of was worn and leaking and they cut off the bad and put a new hose clamp on). Could there be air in lines or something worse? The heat will warm up to a luke warm then doesn't get and warmer and sometimes just turns cold. I did spray out the cabin filters (left of the seat and behind the cab) to see if that help and I didn't notice a huge difference. Last but not least (first world problems) the Radio does not turn on. Fuse is fine. I and extremely unfamiliar with the machine I have had bobcats mostly so any help would be appreciative. Thank you
The first thing I would suggest is to read and familiarize yourself with the Operation & Maintenance Manual that should be in the pocket behind the operator seat. If it is missing then you always could approach the dealer and ask them why it they sold it without one (stress the safety aspect) and can they supply one. If they won't play ball the manuals can be downloaded in pdf form from a Cat online resource for about $50. If this is the first Cat machine you've had I would suggest the manual is an essential. There are various models of 249D so a Serial Number would help to idnetify the correct one. Depending on how the machine has been treated in the past you might find it necessary to remove/disassemble all the heater ducting and clean it out as a next step. Also the electircally-controlled water valve for the heater is a known failure item. Talking about cleaning, try removing the operator seat and the floor. That's where the electronics live and it's an area that gets full of dirt/mud. Damp in the electronics can be VERY expensive to fix. To help you diagnose the radio problem an electrical schematic would be a help. Again, to locate the correct one requires the machine Serial Number.
There is a guy here as well that does a great set of videos on a lot of the things with a CAT D series, he does a pretty good job of explaining things.
CAT0249DHGWR00680
OK, so your machine was actually built December 2015. It would not have been sold until 2016 though. If you get no dice with the dealer the correct O&M Manual for it is Cat publication reference SEBU9084. I was wrong on the price though. It is $111 for download or CD, or $130 if you want a paper copy. All the more incentive for you to convince the dealer that he should have made sure a copy was in the cab when he sold it to you. Here's a link to a genuine factory manual on eBay as another option - https://www.ebay.com/itm/313726772833 I'll send you the electrical schematic. Keep an eye of your messages.