Yea the headline is weird. But this is a hell of a week. New CNC mill down, New CNC bender down, New 2014 2500 gmc truck too dangerous to drive , new furnace controller goes out, newer skid loader starter goes out. 33 YEAR OLD IHC 175C LOADER ??? Running like brand new !! Put 20+ hrs on it in the last 3 days and its just singing. Progress sucks!
I am a strong proponenent of simple, non electronic machinery where the electronics doesn't actually make the machine better. What makes the Chevy unsafe?
Long story, but in a nutshell. When you step on the brakes the wheel gets pulled through your hand and off you go into on coming traffic. It had started less severe but as of Wednesday damn near killed me. It went to the dealer and they didn't find anything wrong. Some of their comments didn't make sense so off to a different dealer. I hope they find out whats doing it or Ill just trade it off. (only 2K miles) Its just not worth getting the fam or myself hurt. Im not driving it as I cant trust it.
Barky, If it has traction control and I am kinda sure it does . Press the on /off switch and turn it OFF. When it is on, that stupid thing controls the traction to all four wheels by manipulating the application of the brakes. I don't know if that is causing your problem, but I would sure be suspect of it. I have that system in my GMC Sierra 1500 and I don't understand why a vehicle needs something that has total control of my brakes. It is just kinda scary to think about what can happen if it malfunctions or fails completely. I think it turns itself on every time you start the vehicle, even though you shut if off the last time you drove it.
I am an old school boy myself. My old Allis is a PITA as far as finding parts but the old dog always starts(knocking on my wooden head) and does as I need it to. The guys around here with the newer hydro Cats and Deeres are always fixing on something electrical, only thing electric on mine is the starter. My Ford SD 7.3 has had its own issues with high tech, seen a buddy with old F250 7.3 direct injection from a pump, he has 450,000 on it and it still starts every day too. PS I HATE ABS traction control.
Oh Nice: 9 days in the shop and their still not sure it will go down the road straight. When I called GM corp to get some action I might as well have talking to my dog. Corp speak, canned phrases, and scripted response. What a load of krap. If they go broke again I wouldn't be too surprised. Geeez. Snow to plow, trailers and machines to move, and a brand new hanger queen that's worthless.......And costing more every day
Barky, you just helped me decide to not get a GM product am thinking about a new pickup to replace my 06 Duramax and am leaning toward Ford or Dodge and thinking about a gas instead of diesel.. especially since my daughter just filled it with gas by mistake and drove until it quit her. It was a painful / costly deal to get that fixed
Back in the shop again. Now they want to replace both calipers, both hoses, and a other thing, and see if that does it. What a fiasco, called gm cust srv again, worthless. They will advise the dealer of my concerns. 17 days in the shop, and 2 weeks out of service, on 3,600 miles, heheh "professional grade my ass"
Too funny i was in line at 0815 this am and my white 2500 was among 5-6 other white 1500 & 2500 chevy's. My was a throttle body sensor but what do you know they decided that the fuse block was shot too. $520 later i was gone. I was kidding with a friend on the weekend who was going to mount a 12500 lb winch on his 1500 and i suggested that its plastic frame wouldn't support that much power. He remarked that a fresh dent arose from leaning against it while talking to a customer.
Barky, you definitely need a qualified dealer. I have over 15 in the fleet, and I know them inside out. Wouldn't trade any of them for a Ford. Dodge? Just don't have any fleets, in my circle, with them.
I work at a Midwest utility, we have all the makes in the company fleet due to manufacturer credits. As of 2014 the only and I MEAN ONLY trucks we can keep moving at a regular rate are the Fords. Dodge cabs fall to pieces, most of the small stuff inside grenades after a few short months in service, plastic knobs, switches, controls, panels, most of them cannot keep the tinny doors aligned or hinges changed fast enough. Chevy/GMC, they have had the run of lack of power (gas) or will not keep fuel in the fuel system (diesel) or injector TSBs under control, have a tough time keeping seats together, doors hanging or the tailgate systems from just falling apart on the pickups. The body installer for our service trucks stated they had to reinforce the frames for attachment hardware on the Dodge and GM units, just crushed as they tried to tighten them reasonably, Ford was not a issue.