Just bought a zx35u with yanmar engine. Has excessive vibration at idle but smooths out with higher rpm. Seems to run fine with plenty of power. No smoke blow by etc. Engine mounts seem fine. Any advice?
Last service?
On my higher hour Yanmar engines, I've had to adjust the low idle as the lever and stop screw have worn. Can you get a tachometer on there to verify base idle?
That is a known issue and is considered normal for those machines. There is a Deere bulletin on this. The only thing you can try (according to the bulletin) is to replace the fan end engine mounts with part # 4722756. That is the part number for the flywheel end mounts. Even after replacement, there will be some vibration. Just the nature of the beast.
We have owned several mini excavators with 3 cylinder engines, they all had significant vibration/shake at low idle. This included a Kubota KX-040 which we purchased brand new….. We always increased the rpm if extended idling was necessary. The Deere 50d we are currently running (7600h) is much smoother at idle compared to the Hitachi zx-27 we previously owned (4 tvn versus 3 tvn Yanmar). At operating rpm’s the 3 cylinders seem to smooth out nicely….
Oops… meant Yanmar 3tnv series.
Thanks for the replies. I've been turning auto idle off to avoid the shake. All the mounts look good. It purrs at 3/4 throttle. 1/2 there is a bit of shake but not bad enough to bother me. I was thinking of getting injectors tested. I've about got everything serviced besides hydraulic fluid change. At 2200 hours I'm assuming it's original. I've got some pins and bushings to change also. Someone was prejudice against a grease gun. I probably should have passed on this unit but it is what it is and apparently I like to learn the hard way. I guess it will increase my skill level.
Thank you I might try that.
I need to buy a decent tach. I have an older style without the induction clamp. This is a good reason to get one.