Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2015 CAT 257D. I haven't even brought it home, yet. I need to put some warning lights and auxiliary lighting on this machine after it gets delivered. I am wondering if anyone here has an electrical diagram and any suggestions on how to do this addition. The serial number of the machine is CAT0257DPEZW00731 Thanks in advance,
Check your messages for a schematic. Define a bit more clearly "need to put some warning lights and auxiliary lighting". What exactly are you planning.?
I just piggyback off the main power relay.
Thank you Nige and heymccall. I would like to put some LED warning lights both forward and rear facing. I don't want to put a beacon on, because I will be working on ATV trails in the woods. As for additional auxiliary lighting, I may put a LED brow light on.
They would be referred to as "roading lights" and I suspect the wiring is already there in the machine harness, also there will be blanks in the switch panel for the appropriate switch(es). Plug & play almost. See below. All the options with an exclamation point your machine does NOT have.......
Another question. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it yet.?
I do not have a manual for it. I don't believe there is one with the machine. I was expecting to have to buy one from the local CAT dealer.
Skidsteer accessories attached.
You can download a copy in pdf or buy one on a CD. Right now the CDs from Servicemanualpro are far cheaper (like 50% cheaper) than any other option. Looking at your Serial Number it wasn't originally built with much in the way of options. You should be able to trace wiring on the machine by wire colours/numbers. Also next to the connectors for attachments (options) such as additional lighting there ought to be a white tag on the machine harness right next to the connector stating what circuit it is, e.g. "front floods"
Look on the back of the seat there is a black pouch. When delivered new from the factory that pouch contains a copy or the operation manual and it is on a lanyard to prevent removal from the cab. There is also a cd containing the parts manual for the machine. I would not be surprised if you found these untouched since new. Repair manuals are money.
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I'll look when it gets delivered.