Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 JD 672G Circle Issues

SlopeJunkie ยท 2025-02-23 06:51

How's it going for everybody today, good here other than this question. The company I'm with has a JD 672G that has definitely been sat in by a few too many and with the scope of work were shifting towards it's time to step out of the dozer again. Yesterday while cutting a few swells in and placing 3" ballast on a temp roadway I kept running into the issue of the circle spinning at the lightest resistance on the toe which would cause it to free wheel backwards and suddenly I had a new heel. I tried adjusting my blade angle, sucking the blade further under the machine to the point the toe was running inside of my front wheel and yet it gave me the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated and if more info is needed just let me know. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612025-02-23 07:26

    Machine serial number? If your circle drive is equipped with a slip clutch, I would suspect issues there.

  2. #2ovrszd2025-02-23 09:47

    Yep, slip clutch is gone. Only way to continue is to lessen the load on the toe end of moldboard. Pretty soon the machine is completely ineffective..... One thing you can try to extend the lifespan is to never change angle of moldboard with a load. Or, reduce load on toe end and increase load on heel end before trying to change angle.

  3. #3SlopeJunkie2025-02-23 15:57

    I'll post the serial number once I get in tomorrow and I appreciate the help.